What is an agent & what do we do?
If you want to substantially improve your child's opportunities in an extremely competitive environment, you will need to have an agent.
Professional clients come to us in order to find children with the talents they are looking for. This means that the work comes to us, to Superarts Agency. We can then use most of our time putting children into jobs, and we don't have to spend all of our time scouring the world for work - if you don't have an agent, that is what you will be doing. And most of the jobs that come to us aren't available to the public.
This does not mean your child, once on our books, is guaranteed work. No agency can guarantee work! It just puts your child in the priviledged position of being seen by clients who are looking to give work to young people like your child. Superarts Agency will only accept children onto our books if we feel they have the best possible chance of getting work. We will, of course, make every effort to get your child as much work as possible, but there are no guarantees that every child will succeed.
Our job is to get your child noticed.
Why do we want to get your child noticed? Because that way we all benefit and we want your child to succeed.
Some agencies are only geared towards photographic and modelling, others are only geared towards theatre, TV and film work. We do both, and we do both well. We can do this because we have been an agency in central London for over 40 years and have learned how to do both well.
When one of our clients is looking to fill a brief - be that modelling or performance work:
- Our clients contact Superarts.
- They give us their brief and ask us to recommend children who fulfil the requirements.
- We know our children, and put forward dossiers on the children we know can fulfill the brief, and who are available for the dates of the job.
- Then our client tells us which children they wish to see for an audition.
- Superarts then contacts you to give you the information you will need, including any information for the licence applications you need to supply.
- You confirm to us that your child(ren) will attend.
- Your child is given the job if successful.
- The job is done.
- Superarts invoice the client and all payments come through Superarts as your Agent. We take our agency fee (see Money) and any VAT payable.
- Your child receives their earnings.
Warnings from over 40 years of experience:
However If you choose not to come to Superarts Agency, please note the following, from the voice of experience:
- Don't pay anyone any money up front - only if you are accepted onto an agency's books should a fee be due.
- Don't be duped into having to pay for a portfolio of photos before your child is accepted - a few clear recent photographs are enough for the application, and once accepted a professional photographer will then take more.
- Don't go to an agent who won't tell you who they are, or their office address.
- Don't go to an agent who claims they can guarantee work for your child - they can't.
- Don't go to an agency that has to advertise - if they are good they won't have to. We don't, and for over 40 years we never have had to.